Living the Questions
This page is part of the Progressive Communities series.
Funding your LtQ materials: Quality educational materials do not come cheaply, and expectations for quality and technology have never been higher. Many LtQ groups begin with the original DVD set being purchased by a local church, or through gifts from some keen participants. Others have found that asking people to pay a small fee for each series ($2.00 per session, or maybe $10.00 for a series of 6 sessions) generates sufficient funds to recoup the initial outlay or perhaps to pay for the next DVD set.
Directory of Local and Regional Groups
You are welcome to include contact details and other information about local LtQ groups here. Simply use the edit button to add your own information.
AOTEAROA NEW ZEALAND
- Student Christian Movement Aotearoa 
Australian Capital Territory
- The St James (Curtin) Theological Discussion Group, âAgainst the streamâ is part way through the âLiving the Questionsâ discussion series. If you would like to join the final six sessions and engage with some of the leading progressive religious thinkers (on DVD) at the moment, talk with Margaret Rolfe (Ph: 02/ 6282 1162) or mailto:email@example.com The group meets on a Tuesday evening at 7.30pm in Curtin. Cost: $2.00 donation each evening.
- North Belconnen Uniting Church (Conley Drive, Melba ACT) is running the program in 3 blocks of four sessions. First block commences Wednesday 2nd November at 8 pm, and continuing each Wednesday in November. Each session will start with coffee/tea and dessert. Phone 02 6258 1196 (office) 02 6258 4575 (home). Rev. Colin Bradford  - North Belconnen Uniting Church
- Canberra Baptist Church. 
- Wesley Uniting Church is also starting a Sunday afternoon âLiving the Questionsâ discussion: dates are - 16, 23, 30 October; 6, 13, 27 November. All at 2.30 - 4.30pm in Wesley's Vercoe Room. Wesley's address is: National Circuit, Forrest. For further information: Revd Peter Walker - (Ph: 02/ 6295 3680) or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
New South Wales
- Pitt St Uniting Church (264 Pitt St Sydney) has made three units of 4 weeks each of the wonderful Living the Questions resource. Sixty six people participated in the first 4 week unit from as far away as Newcastle and the Blue Mountains. Unit 3 will meet on four consecutive Thursdays 9, 16, 23 & 30 March 7-9pm. Cost only $10 for the whole unit. Register: (02) 9267 3614 or mailto:email@example.com. New people very welcome.
- Katherine: Anglican Church Contact Jeremy Greaves at the Anglican Parish of Katherine (PO Box 10, KATHERINE, NT 0851) for information about LtQ sessions in Katherine: Tel - 08 8972 1493. Mobile - 0428 315 763
- Forest Lake Anglican Church offers LtQ in two six week series from time to time. The dates and times are confirmed closer to the commencement of the first series, but enquiries can be made to Greg Jenks at Forest Lake. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Progressive Spirituality Network at West End Uniting Church, Brisbane offers LtQ sessions in sets of 4 at different times through the year. Phone:07-3488-2300
- East Malvern: Ewing Memorial Uniting Church
- North Balwyn: St Aidan's Uniting Church offers LtQ in sets of 4 sessions at a time, with both day time and evening groups. mailto:email@example.com
- Ringwood East: St Stephenâs Creative Living Centre (15 Lois Street, Ringwood East, 3135) offers LtQ sessions at various times. Contact Rev Peter J Barnes: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Discussion and Additional Resources
The following links provide pages to share additional resources found helpful for particular sessions, and also to discuss some of the issues raised by using these materials. Where appropriate, you are invited to create new pages for the Faithfutures wiki project to address such questions.
LtQ Series One
- LTQ1 An Invitation to Journey
- LTQ2 Thinking Theologically
- LTQ3 Creativity and Stories of Creation
- LTQ4 Restoring Relationships
- LTQ5 Evil Suffering and a God of Love
- LTQ6 Intimacy with God
- LTQ7 Social Justice
- LTQ8 A Kingdom without Walls
- LTQ9 Lives of Jesus
- LTQ10 Compassion
- LTQ11 A Passion for Christ
- LTQ12 Out Into the World
- LTQ13 Wesleyan Theology
Crossan: Paul Series
- A new series from the people at LtQ. Estimated U.S. release date is October 1, 2006.
- Bookmark this page for further news and information comes to hand.